Thursday 30 April 2009

Relegation Fears......

By Elvin Davies Chief sports writer EADS

With the Pingu's hovering only just above the relegation places these are worrying times at Helmes Deep.
Combine this with the recently released board statement saying there would be no more transfer funds made available this season and you start to see the club is in big danger.
Any team that can boast Helmes, Lux, Donk and Ă–zbek has a chance to beat the drop but the squad is definately on the light side. Ziehl is playing on the right wing and although he is improving rapidly he needs another season or two before he can produce consistantly. Also having no real back up to Helmes is very concerning, when he hasnt produced in games there has been nobody to come of the bench and give us a different option.

I asked the manager if he was beginning to feel the heat. 'Well to be honest I have started looking down and not up for the first time today. Yes I am a little worried about the threat of relegation however I also have utmost faith in the current squad of players. We will have Zampa back from Daredevils FC very soon and he will give us the spark that maybe we have lacked recently.'
'I am also very confident of securing a big name in the close season, for the first for 3 seasons I will have money to spend in the wage auctions, and although I expect the bidding to be hard we will do ok.'

So with the manager confident of bringing in new players over the close season, the emerging talent from the youth squad is this the time for fear and trepidation or a time to look to the future? I for one will be keeping my fingers crossed that Derriman can keep the Pingu's in the Premiership, relegation for a club this size would be a crime. The next few matches are really make or break this season so I urge you all to get behind the team and roar them onto glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment